Hello Candylovers! :D
I've been busy doing some makeup services and vlogs these past few weeks and I just want to update my blog about this brand that is one of my favorite go to lip lacquer called MUA LUXE London Velvet Lip Lacquer. This was given to me by my good friend Ms. Glyza Reyes of the Glorified Makeup to do an honest product review and swatches for you. :)
Smooch your way to red carpet glamour with MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers. Long-lasting and kiss proof, these intense formulas come in five rich, vampy shades. Encased in chic frosted glass packaging, these lacquers glide on with ease of a gloss, drying in seconds into a matte velvety texture. They are the ultimate makeup bag must have.
Get the ultimate velvet-matte pout with this richly pigmented, silky smooth lip lacquer. The quick-dry formula glides on effortlessly to leave a gorgeous matte finish, that is smudge-proof and long lasting.
5 shades to choose from:
1. Reckless - Deep Red
2. Funk - Fuschia Pink
3. Atomic - Red Orangy
4. Criminal - Vibrant Pink
5. Kooky - Deep Plum
- I like the design packaging of this product. It looks classy and sophisticated.
-It's very unique in shape (not the usual box/rectangular type)
- The texture of the box is matte and the gold accent is glossy.
- The design layout is simple and clean; very eye catchy (it's impossible for you not to notice it)
- You can actually tear off the label if you just want to bring the actual box with you.
- It comes in a clear cylindrical tube with black cover cap.
- The MUA LUXE London is printed on the black cap.
- You can see the name of the shade at the the bottom part.
- The size of it is 4.25" in height and 0.5" in diameter. (see the attached photo)
- The consistency of the product is very rich and thick.
- Matte finish
- Very pigmented and vibrant
- What you see in the tube is the actual color you will get when you put it on your lips.
Limecrime Velvetines in Pink Velvet- As you can see, it's very liquidy and it tends to bleed on your skin/lips. It's advisable to use a lip pencil before applying the limecrime velvetines. Also, it takes a while to dry so be careful to re apply another coat on your lips.
It has a tiny bit of scent. (I can't describe it) :p
Polyethylene, Polybutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilia) Wax, Silica, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Iron Oxides
Here's what it looks on my lips :) MUA LUXE London Velvet Lip Lacquer in Funk.
MUA is a UK brand of cosmetics and now becoming a new hit here in the Philippines. I've been using some of their products like the MUA Matte Perfect Primer, MUA Mate Lipstick and I can say that they have a nice range of good quality makeup products.
My initial reaction when I first saw this was... a perfect dupe for Limecrime Velvetines! Yes! I'm that confident to compare them together. hihi! But when I actually tried the MUA Luxe, they're not that twins anymore.... more like of a sister maybe.
Just like any other lip lacquers/paints, it can be drying on your lips so be sure to apply your favorite lipbalm before anything else. After that, just glide the wand on your lips and apply it evenly. Wait for it to completely dry and apply another coat for more vibrant look.
The formulation of MUA Luxe is way better than the Limecrime Velvetines. I like that is has a rich and thick consistency, doesn't bleed on your lips and it's transfer proof!
One downside that kinda bothers me is that, whenever I eat my meal, the product tends to crumble especially in the center part of my lips..
But other than that, I love everything about it! <3 Definitely worth buying!
BEFORE AND AFTER:
After 4 hours of wearing my MUA Luxe London in Funk, you can definitely see that the center part of my lips has already been visible, leaving the residue on the sides of my mouth. (I've been eating and drinking with that span of time).
- Very Rich and Thick
- Highly Pigmented
- Super Matte
- Vibrant Colors to choose from
- Long Lasting
- Doesn't bleed on your lips
- Worth buying
- Dupe for Limecrime Velvetines but way better.
- Can be drying on your lips
- Not available locally
- Has a tiny bit of scent
- Tends to crumble small particles on your lips
WHERE TO BUY:
Be sure to Like my FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Candyloveart-by-Joyce-Sola/505449552824276
and Follow me on my Instagram Account: @joyceesola
Thank you and keep on smiling :D